01 02 03 Where's Clair? : Dear Paris.... It's Not Me, It's You! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Dear Paris.... It's Not Me, It's You!

34
Dear Paris, I’m so sorry, but I just don’t get you. Maybe it’s not you, it’s me. Then again, maybe it is you Paris.

I realise that this might be controversial but I have really tried to love Paris. So much so, that I have been to Paris 5 times. I’ve gone with family, with friends and (ahem) “lovers”, but I have just failed to get that “Wow” moment every time. Sure it’s place packed full of things to do and see but I have not been able to fall in love.

So on my most recent trip, I decided to try to do things that were a little different - A few things that I had never done before. So after you have visited the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, the Arch de Triumph, wandered down the Champs Elysee and spent a full day browsing artwork at the Louvre, what is there left to do in Paris?

Well my quest to find fun in Paris started off on a sour note. Paris was closed. Well, almost! The French were on strike. The first stop on our trip was to see the palace at Versailles but unfortunately this was closed. I was majorly peeved, since we had prepaid for tickets and hired a rental car especially to drive to Versailles, but we were greeted with a sign that said the Palace was closed on account of the strike, but no further information as to how we could get a refund for our tickets or when it would reopen again. BOO!

So we decided next to drive into the city centre. Sure we may as well see the Eiffel tower while we’re here we thought. Wrong! The Eiffel Tower was also closed. We took a token picture and got back in the car.

Disaster! We had no idea, but tens of thousands of French had come to protest on the streets of Paris. The roads were closed and what followed was a 2 hour journey trying to get out of the city. So unfortunate as it may seem, Paris... You left a a terrible taste in my mouth and sadly I have no desire to hurry back.......

No hard feelings,

Clair x 


Labels: ,

35 36 37 38