01 02 03 Where's Clair? : The rest of Riga 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

The rest of Riga

34
So now that I got all of the soppy stuff out of the way, I can tell you about the rest of my trip to Riga!
Here are the Highlights.....

The Beach

You may have read about my day trip to Jurmala, and I would really recommend taking the train trip out to the seaside town. The beach was long and very beautiful and full of some very very beautiful people. It also had plenty of activities like volleyball, big chess and other activities for children. A host of bars and restaurant sit behind the beach area and it is just an all-round nice place to be. If you are feeling adventurous you can also take a ferry ride back to Riga instead of the train.


Shopping

Another of the highlights of Riga is the Shopping. Latvia is not cheap, but there are lots of different options to choose from. First off is Europe’s largest market and Bazaar. What is pretty cool about the market is that it was built in the 1920’s using old German Zeppelin Hangars. Boasting stalls selling clothes, jewelry, shoes, flowers, and any type of food you can imagine it is easy to get lost in this place. Literally! Over in old Riga there are some fabulous arts and craft type stalls selling handmade goods and beautiful and unusual gifts. High-street stores such as New Yorker prove very good value for money and since we don’t have this store back home, I picked up some unusual bargains. Yay!

The Shooting Range 

So after I had finished being the world’s girliest girl, some of my friend’s suggested going to a shooting range. Now let me make this clear, I do not condone or promote the use of guns, but I had never shot a gun before and I did want to know what it felt like. We were shown how to use each gun by an experienced trainer and were supervised at all times. It was actually amazing fun and I even surprised myself that I was basically a natural, shooting my target right between the eyes and several times in the chest. Don’t mess with this little lady!


The food

I didn’t have one bad meal the whole time I was in Latvia. I couldn’t believe the amount of really trendy restaurants and bars serving fancy grub and cocktails. I even tried pizza with curry sauce and it was actually delish! There is ice-cream on every corner and chocolate shops galore. It’s really not a place for sticking to your diet!

Oh. And I went to a football match too!


So there you have it. Riga was hardly the most exciting place I’ve ever been, but will always remain somewhere special to me. Worth a visit I’d say J  

Cheers x

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38