01 02 03 Where's Clair? : The Bucket List! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

The Bucket List!

34


Has anyone ever made a bucket list? I found this list in some of my notes recently;

1. See all 7 New Wonders of the World.
The Great Wall of China, Petra, The Colosseum, Taj Mahal, Chichen Itza, Christ the Redeemer, Macchu Pichu.

2. Go on a hot air balloon ride.

3. Do a skydive.

4. See the Northern Lights

5. Go to a Full Moon Party.


6. Float in the Dead Sea.

7. Go to a match at the World Cup. (Ideally when Ireland have qualified)

8. See Lake Bled, Slovenia.

9. Shop in the Souks in Marrakesh.

10. See Red Square, Moscow.

11. Climb something really big!

I wrote this quite some time ago and just found it among my notes. I have actually scratched off a couple of them, but I wondered is it really a positive thing? Should we define ourselves by how many things on a list we have ticked off? What if some of the greatest experiences we have are the ones we had never planned to do? What if the things that matter the most are the things that happen by chance? For example, an impromptu trip to a town off the beaten track, an unexpected invitation, or even a completely opportunistic move that turns out to be so important in life. Some of the things I have experienced I didn't even know I wanted them on my bucket list, but if I knew how incredible they were before, I would certainly have them on my list.

So I have decided to write a new bucket list, with one item only

1. Have as many new experiences as possible. 

Happy Journey folks x

Labels:

35 36 37 38